Meet Dr. Lucaci
Dr. Patrick Lucaci was born and raised in Kampala, Uganda. He is the eldest of five children.
In 1999, he earned his Bachelor of Dental Surgery degree from Makerere University in Uganda, with credits from Queens University in Belfast and the Karolinski Institute in Stockholm, Sweden. After earning his Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Missouri - Kansas City in 2009, Dr. Lucaci continued on to earn his medical degree from the University of Missouri School of Medicine in 2012. He then returned to UMKC and completed a year of General Surgery Residency in 2013 and earned his certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery from UMKC School of Medicine in 2015. He has proudly served Salina, KS and the surronding areas since September of 2015.
Dr. Lucaci is a proud member of the American Dental Association, the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the Kansas Dental Association, and the Missouri Dental Association. Dr. Lucaci is certified in ACLS, BLS, PALS, and ATLS.
Dr. Lucaci became an Oral Surgeon because it's a cross between medical and dental. His enjoyment comes from helping his patients achieve the dental health that they need and deserve.
In his spare time, Dr. Lucaci enjoys golfing and traveling.
Skills and Specialties
Dr. Lucaci has expertise and experience in a variety of oral and implant surgical procedures. For his patients needing a restorative procedure, he performs jaw surgery, wisdom teeth extractions, bone grafting, implant surgery, and dental laser surgery. Dr. Lucaci also provides emergency care for facial traumas, as well as treatments for sleep apnea. Additionally, he offers IV sedation for patients to allow for more comfortable and relaxed procedures.
Education and Training
Graduating with honors, Dr. Lucaci completed his dental training at the University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC) School of Dentistry. He then entered a combined oral and maxillofacial surgery/Doctor of Medicine integrated residency. Dr. Lucaci graduated from the UMKC School of Medicine in 2012 and completed an internship in general surgery in 2013. In 2015, he completed his residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery. Dr. Lucaci has since been certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He also has certifications in advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), pediatric advanced life support (PALS), advanced trauma life support (ATLS), and basic life support (BLS).
Dr. Lucaci is a member of several prestigious medical organizations including:
- The American Dental Association
- The Missouri Dental Association
- The Kansas Dental Association
- The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- The American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- The American Society of Dental Anesthesiologists
- The International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- The American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- The Kansas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Awards and Recognition
For his work and contributions to the industry, Dr. Lucaci has received several awards and recognition including:
- The International Youth Leadership Award by Habitat for Humanity, 2003
- The Dentsply Award for Best Table Clinic Award, 2008
- The University of Missouri School of Dentistry Graduation Honors, 2009
- The Mosby Surgical Excellence Award, 2015
Presentations and Publications
Dr. Lucaci is a published author and has lectured on the topics of dental implant surgery, ablative pathology and reconstructive surgery, maxillofacial trauma surgery, and facial cosmetic surgery. He has given presentations at several renowned clinics and conferences such as:
- Comparing Suture Strengths for Clinical Application: A Novel in Vitro Study, Midwest Dental Conference/The American Dental Association
- Clinical Implications of Ameloblastoma, Midwest Dental Conference
- Treatment Options for Mandibular Subcondyle Fractures, Midwest Dental Conference
- Reconstruction Options for Basal Cell Carcinoma, Midwest Dental Conference
- Management of Sports-Related Facial Injuries, Sports Medicine Department at the University of Central Missouri
Dr. Lucaci has and still holds affiliations with several hospitals including:
- Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, MO (2009 – present)
- Children’s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO (2009 – 2015)
- Saint Luke’s Hospital system, Kansas City, MO (2009 – 2015)
- Kansas City Veterans Administration Hospital, Kansas City, MO (2013)
- Salina Surgical Hospital, Salina, KS (2016 – present)